Filling in brows on my client Tyler. How to troubleshoot brows that are still growing in in places, along with my favorite brow pencil. Remember, less is always more when it comes to brow pencil!
I teach my clients all my tips and tricks on how to fill your brows in for a full, natural look. Book your appointment today, at my Edmond studio, for your own personalized lesson.
So the other day, my boyfriend’s mom asked me if I liked goat cheese and it brought back a whole flood of memories! All through my teen years, my family and I lived on 35 acres a little ways outside of Muskogee and we had a MASSIVE organic garden, free range chickens, and yes, milk goats. Usually my brother was the one to take care of them, but on occasion, I had to do it. So if you need a team member in a goat milking contest, I’m your girl. It’s all in the thumbs. Side note – homemade cheese is soooo good!
But, as my acne clients know, cutting out all dairy products for a time can really help your skin. Whey and soy protein especially can be a disaster when you want a clear face, so dairy free is definitely the way to go. I recently found a great acne safe option in Califia Farms, and their almond milk creamer is really amazing! You can find it in most grocery stores 🙂 If you try it, you’ll have to let me know what you think!
I have so many NEW things coming soon to the studio that I’m jazzed about, keep in touch with me on my Instagram page! Hope to see you soon!
Hi there, brow babes! I’m Sarah 🙂 There are so many new faces on my social media pages since I moved to Oklahoma City a month ago, and I need to introduce myself!
I’ve been a licensed esthetician for 9 years, and specializing in brow design for a little over 6 years. I had no plans to specialize in brows, since I originally got into the field of esthetics to be a makeup artist for film and theatre, and move to LA or NYC. Teenage dreams, right? After growing up in Muskogee, I wanted to go somewhere glamorous, but I ended up just over the river in Arkansas for 9 years, and my first job was at a place that specialized in brows. Since I opened my own business in 2014, I’ve taken countless continuing education classes for brows and skin, and now I’m back in Oklahoma City and I’m blissfully happy to be here! Isn’t it weird how our plans change?
So now I’ve set up shop inside Sola Salons in Edmond, where I can wax brows and encourage healthy skin, dabble in makeup, and make new connections.
I’m a dog mama to a little stinker named Lulu, lover of small local coffee shops and garden centers, product junkie and tester of new things, scuba diver and ocean lover, and I will occasionally pull out a Harry Potter quote if the situation is just right.
I’d love the opportunity to meet you and earn your business! I promise to take good care of you 🙂 Don’t know how to fill in your brows? I can help you with that. Need a customized skincare routine for busy moms? I’ve got that too! OKC ladies, I’m always looking for new places to eat and shop, and I love to support other women in business. If you have some favorites, come find me on Instagram and tag me in!
Have an awesome weekend,
With a new round of highschool grads this year, I’ve put together a few tips for finding a brow artist for those leaving for college far away, or my clients moving to another state this summer, or those of you just too far away to come see me 😉 Brow waxing is important – don’t just go anywhere!
1. Search Instagram and Google for brow waxing artists on your area. We’re proud of the work we do, and usually have lots of before and after photos. I would say there’s really not a wrong way or right way to do brows. It’s an art, and every one has a different style. You just want to find one that really speaks to YOU! If you can’t find before and after photos, email the salon and ask for some. If they don’t have any, move on. You don’t want to gamble with your eyebrows.
2. Word of mouth is the BEST way to find an aesthetician. Love your friends eyebrows? Ask her where she got them done!
3. Do not hesitate to ask about their sanitation procedures before you go in. Your aesthetician should have a clean room, a clean wax pot, wear clean gloves for every service, and use a clean wax stick every time they dip into the wax pot. Double dipping is not good!
4. We have a pretty good network, and I was able to send a client to a dear friend of mine on the West Coast for the summer, where I know she’ll be in good hands. I’ve had referrals here in Arkansas from friends in Chicago. Basically, it’s a small world and we’re always happy to help a client out. Ask us if we know anyone where you’re headed. Chances are, we do 🙂
Are you in the Fort Smith area? Book your appointment online here and come see me!
One of the most common questions I get here at my studio in Fort Smith, Arkansas, is “what facial should I schedule?” I know I get overwhelmed when I have too many choices. When you’re not super familiar with something, how are you supposed to know what you need? I’ve designed my facial menu to make it SUPER easy to pick what you want. Big, long, complicated spa menus just aren’t my thing.
*This is for my facial menu only, so with other spas you still might want to call to learn the ropes*
I’ve broken it down into 3 levels. Each level can be customized to whatever YOUR skin needs that day. I have so much cool stuff to help get you the beautiful skin you want and deserve. We can do dermaplaning, microdermabrasion, microcurrent, enzyme peels, special active blends and masks, etc. All you need to choose is how much time you want to spend with me, and then you can relax and let me customize a plan and take care of you!
~The Red Carpet~ My longest and most luxurious facial! This one is approx. 90 minutes, and covers everything. Deep cleanse, custom exfoliation, microcurrent if needed, lovely masks and serums. You get to change into a spa robe and listen to bird/flute music, and it includes a hydrating hand treatment and lots of shoulder massage and essential oils that smell delicious. When I was coming up with this one, I tried it out on a friend and she was snoring at the end of her appointment, so I think it was a success 😉
~The Signature~ At 60 minutes, this is an abbreviated version of the Red Carpet facial. You still change into a robe and get the bird/flute music and shoulder massage, deep cleanse, custom exfoliation and mask.
~The Lunchtime~ At 45 minutes, for the lady on the go. You don’t change for this facial, I just tuck a drape into your collar and we spend targeted time on your face. Deep cleanse, exfoliation (usually microdermabrasion or dermaplaning), mask, serum, sun protection. Due to the time, no massage is included, but it’s still a relaxing break for busy ladies, AND you leave with beautiful glowy skin.
So your choice is simple – 90 minutes with massage, 60 minutes with massage, or a 45 minute express facial 🙂
Book it now right here.
Something we’ve been chatting about recently at your appointments has been the topic of aging gracefully. So many of us creeping up to our 30’s are starting to notice some fine lines around the eyes, maybe on the forehead. We don’t like it, but we’re not ready for injections yet. I may never be. While I’m sure it’s amazing for many people, it’s just not the path I personally choose to take at this time. So I’ve been on the hunt for a non-invasive, holistic skincare option to share with you, and I’m happy to say I finally took the plunge and invested in something that I knew would provide phenomenal results for you – microcurrent training.
Okay, so what IS microcurrent?
You’ve probably heard it referred to as a “natural facelift”, “pilates for your face”, “facial toning”, etc. It’s a very low voltage electrical current that mirrors your body’s own electrical current, giving your face a workout and boosting your collagen production, circulation, and your ATP production. There’s zero down time here. Fine lines are smoothed, your jaw line will look tighter, your eyes will be brighter, and you will have a gorgeous glow. Celebs like to do microcurrent before red carpet events to look their very best! Oprah and Kate Winslet love it, so I’m pretty sure you will too 😉
You’ll notice a difference after one treatment, but since the results are cumulative I do recommend a series of 6 to see your best results. Appointment times can run from 75-90 minutes, just depending on what we’re doing that day.
My friend was kind enough to let me do a before and after on her, you can see how lifted her brow is after just ONE facial!
If you know this is something you need in your life, give me call at 918.869.7714. I’d love to chat with you about my limited time introductory package!
See you soon,
Sometimes we just have to get back to the basics. Cleansing your face is the foundation of a healthy skin care routine!
~ Choose your cleanser. Facial wipes do not cut it. Some cleansers are better for removing makeup, some are better for addressing specific skin conditions. Your esthetician can help you with this 🙂
~ Work 1-2 pumps into a lather with warm water, and massage into your face for 60 seconds. Set a timer if you need to. This will lift the makeup, dirt, and oil from your skin. Yes, you CAN get your face clean without the use of a sonic cleansing brush. (Tip – don’t use a sonic brush more than 2-3 times a week, don’t use it at all if you’re acne prone. Too much and you’ll over-exfoliate)
~ Repeat if you need a double cleanse.
~ Rinse well with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
That’s all it takes! I know we’re all tired at the end of the day, but sleeping in your makeup and sweat from the day will ruin your skin. Make your nightly routine a little ritual of self care and enjoy healthy skin!
Hey brow babes!! Summer is here, along with my 4 steps to the flawless self tanner application. People won’t even know it isn’t your real color 😉
Let’s jump right in!
1. Shave your legs. This is important because if you apply tanner over hairy legs, the color will pool around those hairs and it will not look smooth.
2. Exfoliate!!! I like a dry scrub because you don’t want any oil or moisturizer on your skin before you apply tanner. You can even use plain ol’ sugar. I’ve been waxing my legs this year so I’ve had to keep up with my dry brushing and moisturizing and it REALLY makes a difference in how well my color goes on.
3. Take a dollop of body butter and rub it over your hands, wrists, elbows, ankles, tops of feet, and knees. These areas are the dead giveaway for self tanning, and by using body butter first you’ll be able to blend the color in much better and avoid the blotchy look.
4. Apply tanner, wherever you want color, in sweeping motions. My product of choice this year is the Venetian sunless mousse from Norvell. Love, love, LOVE. I can barely keep it in stock and I got all the stylists at the salon hooked on it this year 😉 I also use the application mitt. It just makes it easier and helps keep the color off your palms. When you get to your elbows/ankles/wrists, etc, use an old synthetic foundation brush to blend the excess color in ( I like to use this brush on my face too, less scratchy than a mitt). Less is more on these areas.
Ta-da!! You’re done! This color develops over a few hours, so no showering or moisturizing for at least 6-8 hours. Avoid tight clothes/light colored clothes as you could stain them. If you want to be really dark, you can do the whole process again the next day.
Hey guys! Can you believe summer is almost here?! No offense Christmas, but THIS is the most wonderful time of the year 🙂 Vacations, pool time, longer days, warm weather, fresh food from the farmers market, the list goes on. But also with summer comes the sunburns, (don’t forget, you can’t be waxed with a sunburn – ouch) and I’m here to help you pick out your sun protection and teach you how to use it. You have to switch up your skincare a little in summer. Being smart about your sun exposure is everything.
1. You really don’t need anything over an SPF 30. Above that number, you don’t get much more protection. The key is reapplying every 2 hours. Don’t forget the tops of your ears, and your neck. I’m not a fan of spray or powder sunscreens, and that’s personal preference.
2. Now, there’s a lot of controversy surrounding chemical vs. mineral sunscreens. My personal choice and professional recommendation is a mineral sunscreen and here’s why – chemical suncreens like oxybenzone, octinoxate, etc. absorb into your skin and absorb harmful rays from the sun. That’s how they work. They also end up in our lakes, rivers, and oceans where they have a negative impact on coral reefs and marine life. Mineral sunscreens like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide are elements that are found in nature already. They sit on the surface of your skin and actually block harmful rays.
3. Find some shade. I know, you’re having fun in the sun, but at some point the best protection is to just get out of it. Wear a hat. Crawl under the umbrella. Tomorrow is another day, and your skin will thank you.
A few years ago on family vacation, we went deep sea fishing in Destin. We were all SUPER jazzed about a day on the water. I had this cute nautical outfit and a giant sunhat. After about 1 hour in, and we were STILL heading out sea ( 25 miles from land? I mean, really? Fish don’t come any close to the shore than that? ), the fun abruptly stopped. If you get motion sickness, you know what I mean. I had to decide if I was going to use my sunhat to protect my face or my legs, while I was prostrate on a bench in the blazing sun. Face won, but I had leg tan lines for a whole year from that one. Longest 6 hours of my life, y’all. Moral of the story, be prepared.